Rokoko's offering unlocks the talent of millions of emerging creators that need fast, easy, and affordable animation tools.
Our tools are designed for independent creators whilst being adopted by some of the world’s largest animation studios, like Netflix, Sony, or Disney.
From the heart of Copenhagen, where it began, to our colleagues back in Athens and all the way across the USA, we all echo Rokoko’s calling - to empower the storytellers of tomorrow.
None of this would be possible without the humans behind Rokoko.
Creative, driven, and passionate about what we do, every day we stand by our mission and we’re looking for talented teammates that can join us to build creative tools within art, entertainment, film, research, education, or health.
We collaborate with top-tier game, film, AR/VR, and VFX producers as well as thousands of creators that make unique content.
Dare to join us too, we’d love to have you.
What’s the role about
We are looking for a full-time Financial Controller to strengthen our financial functions and support our accounting, reporting, and budgeting processes across Rokoko. In the role, you will be responsible for financial and operational processes and report directly to the CFO/COO. The ideal candidate will have experience with finance and accounting processes in international companies and specifically with automating and optimizing processes in a scale-up environment.
🕵️ What you'll be doing
- Improve and automate financial processes across our offices in Copenhagen, San Francisco, and Athens in collaboration with our bookkeepers in local markets.
- Support the operational teams with any new process establishments and general inquiries.
- Prepare monthly reporting and budget follow-ups, and cost controlling, and present them to the CFO.
- Ensure together with the team that receivables are collected.
- Oversee bookkeeping, inter-company invoicing, and payroll for HQ and our subsidiaries in the US and Greece.
- Drive, prepare, and coordinate month-end closing reconciliations, and processes.
- Oversee daily operations such as customer invoicing, expense reporting, credit card management, and more.
- Gather information and necessary financial records for external auditors for interim and final annual audits.
- Produce various financial reports in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Make sure the finance team is up-to-date with any new rules and regulations.
- Be the point of contact for the Finance team at Rokoko.
🤘 What you need to succeed in this role
- Min. 2 years of professional work experience in a finance and accounting function.
- B.Sc or M.Sc n Economics, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- Experience in growth companies preferably in the scale-up phase.
- Strong drive and highly structured and detail-oriented.
- An alytical and data-driven mindset with good communication skills.
- Solid experience with automating financial functions.
- Passionate about trends and development in tech or film/game industries.
- Fluent in English communication both written and oral.
❤️ Rokoko perks and benefits
- Work with an international team of 70+ talented individuals and a rare opportunity to work with professional motion capture/or other ESP.
- Fantastic office location, catered lunch scheme, healthy snacks and beverages, and #coffee breaks.
- 25 days of paid holiday(annual) and 5 optional(unpaid)
- Healthcare insurance and pension scheme
- Work-life balance - we want you to win both at work and in life
- Quarterly education fund program
- Company fun runs - we love sporty outdoors activities from casual runs to marathons
- Regular social gatherings, both psychically and digitally
- A quite unique opportunity to join Rokoko at the most exciting scale-up phase. We offer a steep learning curve and an ambitious work environment.
✨ Why you would love working with Rokoko
2021 has been an unprecedented year for us at Rokoko.
We've grown across teams and have welcomed 50+ talented people among our teams.
We've launched a new generation of the industry's favorite mocap suit, the Smartsuit Pro II.
We've seen first-hand our mission to make motion capture widely accessible demonstrated in the many works of our talented community, using our tools as a vessel to push boundaries of digital artistry.
Let's make 2022 even greater, together.
Thirsty for more?
Browse our Instagram stories and posts on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and TikTok. and join our community of 3D artists, VFX experts, and game devs on Discord.
Psst...and check some of our user stories here
Rokoko is an equal opportunity employer, therefore we do not select candidates based on sex or gender identity, mental disability or physical disability, religion, age, national origin or ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or parental status.
At Rokoko, we breathe diversity and creativity. Whatever your path or background is, however you express or identify yourself, join us and let’s get things in motion.